Make use of the following materials:
Good quality sponge | Broom | Clean water | Brush | Dust cloth | Vacuum with broom attachment | White cleaning cloths | Lamb’s wool duster | Rubber gloves.
Removing stains from your walls:
Removing stains from house walls is a huge task, so we need to prepare well. Here are some crucial ways of cleaning stains from house walls:
1. Removal of stains from oil-based painted walls:
Making use of an all-purpose wall cleaner is one of the best options to clean stubborn stains such as oil/grease stains.The process of making an all-purpose cleaner for cleaning your oil-based paint walls is shown below:
- Take one tablespoon of liquid dish detergent and mix with a quart of warm water.
- Take ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar and add it.
- Leave the solution to sit on the stain for 15 mins before drying.
2. Removal of stains from a latex paint wall:
Removing stains from a house wall painted with latex paint is quite easy. All we need to do is to make a non-abrasive, all-purpose cleaner by stirring ½ cup vinegar and ¼ cup baking soda into 1 litres of water. Then, dip a clean sponge in the all-purpose cleaner, apply on the surface and leave it to dry and then gently rub the wall to remove stains.
3. Make use of a DIY magic eraser while cleaning your wall:
A DIY magic eraser is the best option to remove crayon, pencil marks, pen ink etc. You can easily make it at home. All you need to do following things:
- Take ½ teaspoon of Borax
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda
- Stir with ½ cup of warm water.
- Take a sponge, dip it into the solution, and clean your walls.